SHARP HILL CEMETERY
Sharp Hill Cemetery dates back to circa 1738 when it replaced the long lost original burying ground on Wolfpit Road. The land was given by John Marvin, Sr. and later supplemented by a purchase from Robert Dunning. The earliest legible stone is that of Mable Elmer with a date of January 1744. Many of the stones are simply field stones mounted on edge. Twenty-three Revolutionary War and six French and Indian War veterans are buried here. Sharp Hill was the principal burying place for Wilton up until the mid 1880s. Sharp Hill Cemetery is owned and maintained by Wilton Congregational Church.
Articles about Sharp Hill
“Wilton’s Oldest Tombstone” from TownVibe Wilton